Monday 18 March 2013

Ere I forget all the joy that is mine, Today

Today, I was tempted. Tempted to feel that, it is not enough. That for all that I have, it is not enough. I compared myself to others. To the trend of having a bigger, larger, more expensive thing. I asked: If I have it, why can't I flaunt it? It's not like I have less than what they do! Don't they have the same job as I, earn a similar wage as I, I can afford it! And I want to flaunt it! why did I keep telling myself that a little one is enough? I cried. I felt so bad inside. So freaking bad. So disappointed at myself. Here I am, letting the devil play with my mind again. I let the devil consume my mind, my heart. Till my male colleague, simply told me, everything material, it is but a symbol, it does not matter how big or how expensive anything is. In fact, my dear, it is but foolishness to think that money can buy everything, including love and happiness. Remember, it cannot. Instead, put the money to better use. Use it wisely. Let the devil not tempt you again. For something big you buy, to flaunt, there will always be someone who will do it bigger, and better. And you will always be chasing the clouds. Let the clouds go, and see the sun shine through.

No comments: