Friday 3 July 2009

Be careful what you wish for or you just might get....

Itś interesting what happens whenever I get caught in episodes where I´m on an ¨ethereal¨ high, (you know, how you get so happy almost on the verge of hyperventilating). I just have to let it all out and pray aloud for God to take some away, for I cannot possibly live like that! It is good to eat. But feasting at every meal can lead to many health problems. So, the physician advised me: ¨Too much of a good thing can be bad for you.¨

Only in recent times, did I consciously make the choice to listen to His voice, that wherever He may lead, I will follow. Tuning in to the art of losing myself. In giving Him praise.

For I don´t know how everything will work out for the future, I couldńt possibly say that everything will be good. For what is good?

I get people who come up to me and ask, ¨So, what would you like to happen next?¨.
I could never give them a reply for certain on my specific goals or plans. They never come to mind. I only have preferences, never concrete life decisions. Instead, this verse resonates:

¨Now listen, you who say,¨Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.¨ Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.Instead, you ought to say, ¨If it is the Lord´s will, we will live and do this or that.¨ As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil.¨ James 4:13-16

¨Why, even if you had the worst lot of patients to care for in the ward, that you don´t mind?¨
All I can say is, if it is His will that I be allocated this lot. I know I will emerge victorious. That if I accept my lot and set out to do what is required of me with the knowledge that He will surely guide me. I will be ok. Even if you thought you had a good lot, but what do we know about how the tables can turn in a minute from peace to chaos?

More often than not, plans always change for the better, without me having to manipulate the situation, yet, I take heed to remember --never to brag.
For it is by His grace that I am relieved of the supposed hardship that I would have to face. That I have no control of, and that I have no authority to claim ownership of luck.

He dispenses whatever He wishes. I can only propose to do such and such by presenting my requests to the Lord.

Ultimately, He takes control and He holds the reins.

And again I say ¨Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.¨ Philippians 4:4-7


Amen.

No comments: