Saturday 5 July 2008

Instincts

Trust is very much overrated.
can one ever do it wholeheartedly?

I hate to think, No.
But what is the reality towards this issue?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

This is the only guarantee one can ever have in life.
You'll think, I trust my instincts. But sometimes instincts don't make you feel at ease.
Whenever I start to begin thinking of settling a particular crisis in MY own terms,
more often than not, I begin to place myself in the circle, then my thoughts would lean towards the universe with ME in the centre of it all.
But hey, what's so great about ME?

The very true fact is, I am nothing. I am but one person, contributing to this universe, my existence, it don't matter. The world will not stop, with me or without.

I made up my mind.
If I declare love, shall I limit myself to Love "within limits"?
This is hard to say, but I choose not to.

God gave me a choice.
God did not put me through this to kill me, instead, he trying to use the situation to my advantage, to strengthen me.

How should I react?
Should I put self interest above others?
If I don't think for myself, then who will care to assume responsibility towards my well being?

More often than not, every time we place ourselves in the "pity box", we retract our minds and fail to realize the immense potential of how we can change the situation to turn it into the best thing that could ever happen to us.

What can HE not possibly do?
He tells us to Love, but he forgot to say, how much?
We ask, when do we draw the line?

But the true question is: why is there a need for a line?
Love knows no boundaries. Isn't it?

Love is like a pivot, where we fix ourselves upon.
then the dial is free to move around, all 360 degrees.
It never ends.
Such is the limitless Love we receive, such is the magnitude of love we should give.

I endeavour to banish all thoughts of "What about ME?"
and adapt the :"I can do that for you!" attitude towards life.
Peace is about being able to sleep well at night,
and peaceful slumber i will have for life.

No comments: