Sunday 20 July 2008

Who is the one I see, staring straight back at me?

People say, your occupation is a reflection of yourself. It is your identity.
Is it really?

Who am I?

If I tell you that I work as a cleaner, how would you view me as a person?
Am I any less worthy to be present in your vicinity at any given time?

We've been inculcated to link several jobs to an esteemed status and others on a "blue collar" label as we think up lesser jobs to fill up the base of the hierarchy.

I ponder...
If jobs that seem to be easier to get into which do not require an advanced level of studies to undertake, does it mean that anybody at all can do the job well?

If a pyramid (which in this case is the order of hierarchy) is not built with a large, firm base, can it still be considered a pyramid and can we ever build it to the top? Then who, may I ask, can actually support the weight of the blocks at the top end of the structure?

If I think I have what it takes to do a certain job, I'll take it on. If I don't, I'll leave it to others who may be more capable to take on that responsibility.

Life is about knowing your strengths and realizing your limits.
Inspecting your deficiencies and looking at ways to change them for the better.
If you don't like what others are doing, ask yourself, could I do it better?
If you believe you have the inclination, the gift, the talent, the inspiration, then just do it. If not, accept it.
If there's a problem, solve it.
If you can't think of a solution, leave it.
If you just can't stand it, It's your personal problem.
But why let their problem be your problem?
What is your problem?

Let live. Place your focus on yourself and change the world the way you want it by doing something. God is a map, He can tell you the directions, but Hey, you gotta stand up and walk to your destination. Plain faith without action don't get you anywhere.

Life is a difficult journey, sometimes you look at a person and you wonder what it took for him/her to arrive at this moment in their life in one piece, that is, I think, quite a feat.

Be thankful you are alive, well, and in one piece. Really, that's all you need to live. So go, live it out, do what your heart tells you to. Take the words of others in your stride, they can talk, but they can force you not.

Be good to yourself.Cos nobody else can do it for you.

No comments: