Tuesday 22 July 2008

When I grow up...

... I will probably not want to be what I wished I was.

Never ever had I wished to be something else short of **name in lights** gorgeous, eyes, body, face... Now, I just wanna be plain, when you know what wonders you can add to achieve your desired effect. Wham! You can just about be anything you wish! So a blank canvas is all you need.

Young and impressionable once upon a time- Beauty, fame and fortune and ultimate happiness always seemed to belong together and Desire for a spot on the cover magazine almost killed the girl from within. Bam! upon realization that everything comes with a price, and a heavy one at that, you end up thinking... I'll rather not have what she has - so I can keep whatever I have that she doesn't - and stay providentially sane.

Har.
The child almost thought that one should always pick their occupation over careful consideration, that it would be what they'll be stuck with. For a lifetime. Phew, when it comes to education, you are only limited by your unwillingness to learn. Go back to school anytime! Make the switch and land yourself a new career! The possibilities are endless. Prestige? Nay! Over working yourself till extinction Vs time to do whatever your leisure and interest after labour AND procuring adequate finances to fulfill it? Give me the latter anytime!

If I should be a square and won't fit in the circle, I could cut so I'll fit (ouch!), or pragmatically, find a box and snuggle up nicely.

No comments: